There are several reasons for error 5100 to appear. This article provides you recommendations with links to clear the message.
To clear the error, click on the link to open the article and get detailed instructions.
- Packing material was left inside the printer.
- An ink tank(s) is not seated properly.
- Paper is jammed or there is an object inside the printer.
- The printer needs to be reset.
- The encoder film/strip may need to be cleaned.
- If the above recommendations do not help you resolve the error, the printer will need to be repaired.